Who doesn’t love pancakes? Especially pancakes that don’t add to your waistline! These healthy banana protein pancakes are so yummy, yet you still feel like you are eating the real thing! I cherish my weekends with my little family, especially getting the chance to stay in our pajamas and eat a delicious breakfast. Our weekday mornings are usually very hectic so I love to just slow down and take time to cook on the weekends. This past Sunday I played around in the kitchen and whipped up these healthy pancakes that I just have to share with you all!
This recipe makes 2 large sized pancakes. Feel free to double the recipe if you are cooking for a larger group, or you can divide the batter into fourths instead of in half for smaller size portions.
- 1 large banana mashed
- 2 egg whites ( from 2 large eggs)
- 1/4 cups oats, you can use gluten free too!
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries ( optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, mash your banana first then combine all of the above ingredients until you reach a pancake batter consistency. Note: it will look a little bit thinner than normal pancake batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Pour the batter onto the skillet ( enough to make 2 large pancakes or 3-4 smaller sized pancakes) and cook for about 2 minutes on each side ( or until golden brown on both sides). I always go by the rule of waiting until they are golden brown on both sides because everyone’s skillet is a little different!
- Top your pancakes with a little pure maple syrup and some extra blueberries for a tasty treat!
Follow me on social media for the latest updates and more health treats!