Total Body Toning Stroller Workout For Busy Moms!
Hey moms! Today I’m sharing my favorite stroller workout that tones the entire body without any equipment required! Whether you stay at home with your baby or work full time, it is often difficult to get a full workout in every day. This workout is great because you can do something good for your body while spending quality time with your baby! Even better, you can do this workout outside for both strengthening and cardio! Get ready for a total body toning workout you can do literally anywhere, all you need is a stroller ( and a baby of course!)
I like to warm up with a 5-10 minute walk or jog and then follow the routine below. Perform each exercise for 3 sets of 10-15 reps. The entire workout can be done in under 30 minutes and works to tone your entire body!
*Remember to always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program!
TOTAL BODY TONING STROLLER WORKOUT
- Stroller squats: Stand close to your stroller with your feet hip width apart, abs engaged and shoulders down and back. Perform a squat, keeping your weight through your heels and making sure your knees do not go over your toes. As you squat, push your stroller out in front of you to straighten your arms (as shown), then return to start position as your squeeze your butt and your thighs. Repeat for 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
- Stroller lunges: Lunges are a great lower body toning exercise and if your baby is like mine, she loves movement so this one is a win/win! Standing at your stroller perform a forward lunge as shown while pushing your stroller in front of you. Make sure your front knee does not extend over your toes and you maintain good posture with your abs engaged. To return to start, push through your front heel to engage your glutes and repeat on the opposite side; alternating legs for 10 reps. Repeated this cycle 3 times.
- Stroller Heel raises: Standing at your stroller with good posture, raise up onto your toes and back down to work your calf muscles! Repeat for 3 sets of 15 reps!
- Stroller Standing hip extension: Stand at your stroller facing baby, holding good posture. Kick one leg behind you, keeping your abs engaged, back straight and shoulders down and back. Squeeze your butt at the top of the movement and slowly lower your leg back down to starting position as shown. Repeat for 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
- Stroller Standing hip abduction: Stand at your stroller either facing baby or facing sideways holding on with one hand as shown here. Kick one leg out to the side, while keeping your toes facing forward, back straight and abs engaged. You should feel this working the outside of you hip. Repeat for 3 sets of 15 reps on each side.
- Stroller push ups: Stand at your stroller facing baby and take a few steps back so your body is in a modified plank position as shown. Make sure your brakes are on! Keeping your back straight, abs engaged and shoulder down away from your ears: perform a push up. Focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together and then return to start position. Repeat for 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
- Stroller planks: This is a fun variation to target the entire body, especially your Abs and shoulders! First make sure the brakes are on! Begin on hands and knees facing away from your stroller; then place your feet on the bottom portion and push up into a plank position. Make sure your abs are engaged by drawing your navel in towards your spine and shoulders are down away from your ears. Try to hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 min and repeat 3x. As you get stronger try to work your way up to 2 min holds!
- Stroller side planks: Begin in a side sitting position next to your stroller. Place your feet on the bottom portion of your stroller and lift your hips up into a side plank position as shown here. Make sure your abs are engaged, your back is straight and your wrist is under your shoulder. If you have any wrist trouble, try dropping to your elbow instead! Try to hold this position for 15 seconds and repeat 5x on each side. As you get stronger, work your way up to 30 seconds!
- Stroller Single leg bridges: Lay on your back with your feet on the bottom portion of your stroller, making sure the brakes are on. Raise one leg up in the air and lift your bottom up off the ground keeping your abs engaged and back straight. Focus on squeezing your glutes at the top of the movement and then slowly return to start. Repeat for 3 sets of 10-15 reps on each side.
- Stroller tricep dips: Begin in a reverse table top position facing your stroller with your feet on the bottom portion and your fingers tips facing forward as shown. Keep your back nice and straight, hips lifted and shoulders down away from your ears. Inhale and bend at the elbows to 90 degrees and then exhale pressing back to start position. Perform this exercise for 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
*Optional: cool down with another 5-10 minute walk or jog if you are feeling motivated and have some extra time!
There you have it, a total body toning workout you can perform anywhere with your baby, without any equipment needed other than your stroller and your little one!
Perform 3x a week for best results or just incorporate this into your daily walks like I did!
I hope you enjoyed it!
Make sure to check out my tips on getting your body back fast after baby here!
Feel free to contact me with any questions, I love hearing from you!
Follow me on social media for my latest workout, fitness tips, yoga routines, recipes and more!
Dr. Allie Flowers, PT, DPT, RYT
Join my newsletter!
Sign up to receive the latest free workouts, fitness advice, recipes, motivation and more!