The Sexy leg workout: Best exercises to slim and tone your thighs
Looking to slim your thighs and tone up those legs in time for warmer weather and shorts season? I have the perfect workout to share with you today: The SEXY LEG WORKOUT! My legs have always been really muscular from years of running in high school and college. I work hard to keep my legs strong without bulking up to much. These exercises will help you slim and tone your thighs to give you sexy legs in time for spring and summer! This routine can be performed at home or in the gym! Perform this routine 2-3x a week for best results! Get ready to tone your legs and thighs, work that booty and rock those short shorts this summer!
Sexy leg workout: Best exercises to slim and tone your thighs!
- Skater alternating side lunge: This exercise is a great way to warm up the body and tone those thighs and glutes! Stand your feet hip width apart, abs engaged. Take a big step to the right and bring your left leg behind you to perform a curtsey lunge as your tap your left hand to the floor as shown. Now take a big step to the side with your left leg and bring your right leg behind you to perform the same curtsey lunge bringing your right hand to the floor. You should really feels this in your butt! Repeat this exercise 30x total.
- Bulgarian split squat. This is my favorite toning exercise to help you sculpt sexy legs! If you are in the gym you can place your back foot on a workout bench behind you. If you are at home, place your back leg on a chair or ottoman as shown. Perform a single leg squat as shown, keeping your abs engaged and making sure your knee does not extend over your toes. Return to start. Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps on each leg.
- Front squats: I love front squats for really toning and slimming your thighs! Stand with your feet hip width apart with your heels placed on dumbbells in front of you as shown. This targets those sexy thighs! Perform a squat, making sure your heels stay in contact with your weights and your knees to not extend over your toes. Return to start. This is not a traditional deep squat. You want to feel this more in your thighs! Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Sumo squat with heel raise: Stand with your feet wider than hip width apart, toes turned out to target your inner thighs. Perform a squat as shown, letting your hips drop a little lower than your knees to work the booty too! Stay in the squat position as you lift your heels up off the floor 10x. Return to start. Repeat this 15x total. If you have any trouble with balance you can stand next to a wall or chair for support.
- Kettlebell swing: Stand with your feet hip width apart: kettle bell or weight in your hand. Squat down as you bring the dumbbell between your legs keeping your abs engaged as shown. Stand as your swing the kettlebell or dumbbell up to chest height. Repeat for 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Lunge with forward leg extension: Stand with your feet hip width apart and abs engaged. Take a big step back with your right leg and perform a lunge as shown. Make sure your left knee does not extend over your toes. As your return to start bring your right leg forward as if you are performing a march. Now extend your leg straight in front of you as you focus on squeezing your thigh. Hold this for a good 3-5 seconds. Return to start. Repeat this sequence 10x on each side. If you feel a little off balance, you can hold onto a wall or chair for support!
- Single leg deadlift with backwards lunge: Stand with your feet hip width apart. Keeping your abs engaged and back straight, hinge forward at the hips lifting your left leg behind you until a stretch is felt in the back of your right leg ( hamstring) as shown. As you return to start, take a big step back with your left leg and perform a lunge. Make sure your right knee does not extend over your toes. Now press through your right heel and return to start for one full rep. Perform this 15x on each side.
- Leg raise to target inner thighs: Lie on your side with your top leg bent at 90 degrees and crossed in front of you as shown. Lift your bottom leg a few inches off the floor to work your inner thigh. Perform 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
- Single leg bridge: Begin on you back with your knees bend and feet flat on the floor. Lift your right leg up in the air and perform a single leg bridge focusing on pressing through your left heel to engage your glutes and work that booty! Make sure to keep your abs engaged and back nice and straight.
- Donkey kicks: Begin in a table top position as shown with your wrists under your shoulder and knees under your hips. Engage your abs and lift your right leg behind you and up towards the ceiling as shown. Keep your knee bent and think about pressing your heel up towards the ceiling, really squeezing your butt! Pulse for 5 seconds and return to start. Repeat for 3 sets of 12-15 reps on each side.
Perform this routine 2-3x a week and get ready to tone and sculpt some sexy legs! I must warn you….You will be a little sore after doing this routine, but it’s that good kind of sore! Make sure you stretch after performing this thigh slimming routine! If you want a few yoga routines to try you can check out some of my favorites here!
15 minute daily yoga routine for tight hips
For more leg and booty toning workouts check out two of my favorites here!
7 moves to a better butt that don’t involve squats
If you are looking for more home workouts, check out my total body toning routine here with free printable!
Follow me on social media for the latest workouts, fitness tips, recipes and other mom shenanigans!
Thanks for checking out my latest workout! I love hearing from all of you! Comment below after your try it out!
Until next time friends,
Dr. Allie Flowers, PT, DPT, RYT
Toned legs are so hot! This looks like the perfect winter workout. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! They say it’s the best time to work on your summer body right!!??? I can’t wait for summer!
I love home workouts, especially leg workouts! I almost always have to work out at home since I have two little ones. They join me on my mat and do the exercises with me. I’m going to try this today, actually! Love your workouts, and I’m bookmarking them to use on a regular basis. Thanks for helping us stay fit!
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! I’m so glad you are loving the workouts! Lots more to come!
These look doable and I bet they get great results! I love that you can do them at home instead of trekking out to the gym!
Yes! Totally doable! I love going to the gym ( yes I know sounds crazy) but I just can’t always make it now that I’m a mom so I try to create workouts that can be done anywhere, anytime!
I am saving this post I really need to come back to shape and your post has boosted some energy in me now.
Awesome! I’m glad I could help! Hope you enjoy!
Love these! Definitely going to add these to my routine!
Great! Thank you!